30.12.12

My first SPL match- Aberdeen FC vs Dundee FC


My flatmate is from Aberdeen and he took me to Dundee yesterday for the Scottish Premier League match between Aberdeen FC and Dundee FC. Although I have been in the UK for more than 20 years now, it was pretty much the first time that I attended a football match.

The Aberdeen supporters call themselves 'Sheep shaggers' and I don't quite get it.I was told it was the Celtic Supporters who gave that name to insult the region but the fans twisted it and turned it into their nickname.

I did enjoy it.I loved the pie and nice stadium cuppa,and watching football in freezing temperature.I felt like being in the heart of the hardcore UK culture.

But I couldn't get into the chantings and it was too much.And of course it's a custom in the British football scene...




No comments:

Post a Comment